I'd like to take back what I said about welcoming the heat wave. It's been 95 and above and it ain't fun anymore. Kayla's soaking wet after being in the car seat for less than 10 minutes. My back's burnt just by being in the sun for probably less than five minutes. We've had to turn the A/C on a couple of times and my laptop shut down on its own (I'm assuming it's due to overheating) a couple of times. It scared me enough to get a new one (way overdue anyway).
The new laptop is still being prepped and I've come to realize that transferring data from one comp to another is almost like moving house--a nightmare. You've got to spring clean the folders, sort through the junk and then organize everything neatly so you can have a crisp clean start on the new machine. A whole lot of work and I'm hoping we'll get it done by this weekend.
In other happier news, we finally visited the Morgan Hill Farmer's market this morning (yes, in the scorching heat). It isn't too big but the spread of produce is great. We got a huge box really sweet and juicy strawberries, some baby bak choy and green beans--fresh from the farms just the way I like it. Since we're in the area, we took Kayla to storytime at the library. Same lady, same songs, same rhymes, but she loved it all the same. We got a couple of Dr. Seuss books for Kayla at the library and I must say, I'm a fan. They're way more interesting (and well-written) than some of the other books we've been reading. Check out "Wings on Things". :)
And our little chatterbox is getting chattier by the day. She can now string phrases and sentences the likes of "Kayla's holding the chip clip," "I want mommy to carry" and "Mommy, read this one." And you know she really loves talking because she talks herself to sleep, literally. "Mom, Dad...mumble mumble...blah blah blah blah zzzz..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment