Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What? Are you kidding me?

That's what our precocious 22-month-old spouted out of the blue recently. Don't ask me who she learned it from -- I'm guessing I might have said that once (okay, maybe twice) but I always thought it was out earshot. Nevertheless, it was hilarious hearing it from her.

More and more precious remarks are falling from her precious lips every day and I wish I coupld pen them all down or remember them all. Off the top of my head: She's darling when she wags her little finger, shakes her head and declares "It's not my bedtime yet." or says "Must tell mommy before I go poop in the diaper!" She's endearing when she rocks her little doll to sleep the way I hold her in my arms, when she pulls a blankie over her doll and tells me "ssshhh" because her dolly's sleeping, when she conducts imaginary conversations with her Fisher Price Little People, and the list goes on...

And of late, she's gone off her diet of porridge. "I don't like chok anymore," she announced sometime last week and has just been eating what we've been eating. I'm a little concerned about her not getting as well-rounded a meal as she has been with her porridge. Hopefully that'll change with her growing ability to chew various meats and veggies. Cooking for kids, I have to say, is an art and of late, I've rounded up even more bento box sites. If only I had more time....

What I can only aspire towards:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cuteobento/

http://flickr.com/photos/kitsa_sakurako/sets/72157594570556057/?page=3

What's might actually be feasible:
http://adventuresinbentomaking.com/

http://www.cookingcute.com/gallery.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it can only be u lah... she inherited that from u obviously! :P

Irene said...

hahaha..i'll own up. it's me!