Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21, 2008

Play Mates

Kayla made two playground pals today.. a three-year-old who goes by Makayla and an 11-month-old who's beautifully named Ella. She shared her sand toys (yes I finally remembered to bring them with me), did her "Hi" thing and even showed little Ella how to go down the slide. She's still no social butterfly but I can tell she's starting to warm up faster to strangers and new situations. She's learning that the world isn't such a scary place afterall -- at least for now.

And this is what I love about life in Gilroy. I haven't met anyone who hasn't said hi or smiled when we head to the playground or go on walks. Everyone's really friendly, always has time to chat and just relaxed.

Hopefully, it'll be the same at Easter Egg hunt tomorrow. To make her first egg hunt just a wee bit special, we bought her a pair of bunny ears. :)

No comments: