Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2007

Baby Bribes

The most challenging hours of staying home with Kayla every day are in the evening. She's tired and cranky. I'm tired and cranky. Throw dinner prep into the mix and our little home goes from haven to "hell" (for lack of a better word).

Like clockwork, at about 5pm every day, Kayla gets super attached to me and refuses to let me out of her sight. She starts crying the minute I turn my back on her, which makes it hard for me to cook her dinner in the kitchen or do anything for that matter. But I think I've found the solution.

Bribe her with her favorite Gerber Graduates fruit and veggie puffs. Shaped like stars, they melt in your mouth and are pretty healthy (80 puffs add up to only 25 calories!). All I do is put her in her walker, throw about 20 puffs on the tray and she's a very happy baby. It's worked two days straight, and I think I'll have no choice but to keep doing that. Cos when she's happy, I'm happy.

2 comments:

matryoshkas said...

hey..hang in there. intelligent babies are like that! they drain u... if they were such clockwork creatures and eat and sleep and do whatever you wanted them too, you might get a bit worried.....hahaha

Irene said...

but i have admit..some days i do wish they were more predictable!!!!!!!!!!.. and then i feel guilty.