I've been back at work for three weeks now. It's been hectic but also a welcome change of pace. Plus, I get to work from home one day a week!
We've been really fortunate to have Grandma help take care of Miki twice a week. The other two days, she goes to the babysitter's not far from my workplace. So far, it's been working out, though some days, it's awfully tiresome and stressful getting her ready for the sitter's and rushing to work after. And there are some mornings when I see in her eyes that she wants more mommy time.
Though I'm supposed to work from home one day a week, I've actually been taking her to work with me on the weeks when the magazine goes to print. There's just too much to do to stay away. Thankfully Miki has been super understanding and accomodating!
She spends most her time sleeping in the carseat, waking up only to feed. I try to play with her as much as I can, though there really isn't much I can do with her in the office...I bet she misses her crib and toys. Today, she worked alongside me from 10 to 4 without a whimper. Such patience...and so much guilt. I feel bad sticking her in her car seat for half a day. I feel bad not giving her some place more comfortable, more stimulating than my office desk. I feel bad not indulging her with more Mommy playtime.
I'm hoping things get better at work soon, or at least before guilt consumes me.
Thank you Miki for being the bestest baby in the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment